Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father’s Day, Brad!

Happy Father’s Day, Brad!
I have always been close to my father and always thought he hung the moon. So you can imagine the shoes to be filled. Brad and I married and though he is wonderful I must admit I was skeptical that ANYONE could fill those shoes. Yes I am one of those little girls that thinks my daddy can do no wrong and can do and fix anything, make anything right and would give the shirt off his back to his worst enemy and I must say that all these things are completely true about my father. He has taught me to be so many things, I only hope I can be half the person he has taught me to be. He has always been the backbone to our family and unknowing to me all the time shaping me to be the person I am today. By his own life I have learned to make many great decisions and yes even avoid some mistakes. He taught me about many things but most importantly he taught me about God. As I grow older my spirit yearns more for that closness with God that my father taught me as a child. Now that I have my own children I realize how impressionable children are and how closely they watch and model your exact behavior . Who you are is who your children become. Little did I know that God’s plan for me held a person that closely mirrors my own father. As skeptical as I was that there would ever be someone in my life that could ever fill those shoes. Today on father’s day I want to thank God for my father, for the person he taught me to be and for the wonderful husband he blessed me with that is now a blessing to my own children. Thank you Brad for being that man in my life. Thank you for sticking with me and being patient while I learned for myself what a true blessing you were in my life. I could never ask for a more hands on dad. From bath time to making brownies you are always there for us. Thank you for taking the lead, to be the spiritual leader of our house and walking a path I would be proud for our children to walk.
Here is my prayer today,
Lord please help me to be that helpmate you designed me to be for my husband, help me to love him, support him and walk by his side in every step in our journey through life.







No comments: