Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Brad with Caroline and Carson on Father's Day


Christi, myself and Patrick with our Papa or New Papa as the great grandkids renamed him


Papa with 3 of his children Aunt Cyndi, my Daddy and Aunt Mary


The 3 Namesakes


Marsha and Papa


So as promised I knew this would be a few days. We had a wonderful Father's Day this year. After my grandfather's heart attack scare, we felt even more blessed to still have him here with us. We celebrated with a cookout at Aunt Cyndi's in Jackson, followed by that wonderful family time. We have a large family and wish everyone else could have shared in this special day with us but just the same the family that was there made for a wonderful day of shared stories and laughs. God truly does bless us with our families. They make our lives so special, more than we ever realize until it is too late. And since this is my blog about father's it would only be appropriate to brag about the perfect ones in my life. I think all little girls think their daddy is better than anyone else's but as a grown woman I still feel that way. Now God has blessed me with Brad who is in the same league. He does so much with Caroline and Carson. And even though he is the discipline parent some how he still gets to be the fun parent. How did that happen? He always makes time to make everything special for our kids. He spends time with them no matter what else has to be sacrificed and he even still gets up with them at night for going on now 3 years instead of always expecting me to do it. Brad truly is a special man.

Caroline and Carson playing a tune.


Patrick and Momma


Daddy and Caroline


Caroline being a ham. I love this picture of her.


Aunt Mary and her 2 boys Joseph and Andrew with Papa.


Aunt Cyndi and her family with Papa. Eric, Jackson, Dallas, Catie, Matt.

No comments: