Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to you!
My mom is the very best! She has always made it a point to show me just how special I am to her and to her life.  For as long as I can remember she has always made birthdays so special for all of us.  When we were kids the whole day was yours.  No chores, your choice for whatever you wanted to eat for all meals of the day and a homemade birthday cake each year.  And no matter what combination you came up with momma made it happen in some way.  Now that we are all grown she makes sure she still has each of us a special birthday dinner and guess what? That's right it is still your choice whatever you want and she makes it happen down to the homemade birthday cake.  This is one of my favorite traditions and I am so happy to continue it with my own children.  So this year I did the same for her.  I gave her a birthday dinner complete with a homemade birthday cake. YUMMY!
I remember being told when I was pregnant with Caroline that now I would truly love my own mother with a bond you can only have when you become a mother yourself.  I remember thinking yea sure we are already very close.  But now two children later that statement has become so very true.  I could not live a day without speaking to my mother.  I find myself calling her for any random number of pointless conversations just because she is my favorite person to call.  God blesses me with the most perfect mother! 

Caroline, Carson and Christian; He is so sweet to my babies! 

I love this picture of momma and Aubrey


No comments: