Thursday, March 3, 2011

Jesus Loves the Little Children

Okay I am back.  One of the downsides to being OCD is when you fall short on something it stresses you to the point of driving yourself crazy.  But though I have fallen short on posting since well yes November and it is now March I must start somewhere to ever start again.  So for the next couple of weeks I will try my best to get caught up on all that has kept us so busy.
It started with a glitch in the computer "you must purchase more storage space to load additional photos"  so there I was stuck.  This was the message I received when trying to update our blog from Christmas.  Not having tremdous computer knowledge I think maybe I should just stop worring with our family blog. And this is where I left off.
Since then different things have happened and I have missed our blog.  I have missed being able to have a place to express my joys and worries, a place to record those many memories that make up our lives together as a family and so here I am to continue where I left off the story of our lives together. 
Tonight will just be a random collection of my thoughts.  My mind and heart has been so full of worry and heartache for some of my friends over the past couple of months.  after the first of the year our next door neighbors lost their 3 year old daughter.  I was at work the night she was brought into the hospital.  We worked and worked but there was nothing we could do.  I will spare you the details because they are not important to understanding the loss a parent suffers when they lose a child.  I felt so helpless that night as I sat on the bed beside Jeannie and held little Hailey's lifeless hand.  I could find no words of comfort all I could do is pray and that is just what I did.  God gave me the strength to sit there and hold Hailey with Jeannie just as if she was my own.  There is not a day since that I have not thought of that sweet little hand.  As I sat at the funeral they sang "Jesus Loves Me"; not just the verse we all know but all the versus.

Jesus loves me! This I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong;
They are weak, but He is strong.

Chorus:
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me! This I know,
As He loved so long ago,
Taking children on His knee,
Saying, “Let them come to Me.”

Chorus

Jesus loves me when I'm good,
When I do the things I should,
Jesus loves me when I'm bad,
Though it makes Him very sad.

Chorus

Jesus loves me still today,
Walking with me on my way,
Wanting as a friend to give
Light and love to all who live.

Chorus

Jesus loves me! He who died
Heaven’s gate to open wide;
He will wash away my sin,
Let His little child come in.

Chorus

Jesus loves me! Loves me still
Tho' I'm very weak and ill;
That I might from sin be free
Bled and died upon the tree.

Chorus

Jesus loves me! He will stay
Close beside me all the way;
Thou hast bled and died for me,
I will henceforth live for Thee.

Chorus

As I sat and listened I had this overwhelming sense of comfort.  My great grandmother use to sing me this song just this way.  She was the only one I've ever heard sing all the verses.

Then just last week one of my friends daughter's was diagnosed with medulloblastma.  You can follow their story at http://www.erikandkatekrull.blogspot.com/
My heart aches for Kate as a mommy and little Lucy so close to my own little Carolines' age.  Again I feel helpless, again I can find no words of comfort, nothing that will take this away.  And then as I sit reading Kate's blog to see how Lucy's day has gone today it hits me like a ton of bricks.  I have sat and cried and prayed and prayed.  I have gotten mad and found myself doubting that I could muster up the strength and faith it would take and I realize that is just what God is tryng to tell me.  I am here to be His faithful servant.  Keyword I often miss here FAITHFUL.  I know ALL things go according to God's perfect plan.  It is not for me to question but to have faith in.  Please continue to keep these two familys' in your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aimee,
God has been so great and we have to remember in the times of trials is when it may be hardest for us to accept his will. I found a pretty neat site with quiet a few new medical and health articles that as a technologist I thought of you and though you might find interesting.
http://www.dailyrx.com
My prayers go out to you and your neighbor for their loss.

Erin Branscom said...

I love your blog! :) I became a follower! :) Erin