Sunday, March 8, 2009

Praying for Papa

Today was a day I would have rather spent anywhere but where I did. My grandfather, Papa to me, New Papa to all of his great-grandchildren, daddy to some, brother to others, a husband and a great influence to many is in the Cardiac ICU at Baptist East. He suffered from a heart-attack Saturday night. I say would have rather spent the day anywhere but where I did not because I didn't want to be where I was but because I didn't want it to be my Papa laying there, unable to speak. It is times like these that you sit and ponder about all the times you should have visited but things were too busy or the kids were sick but it is not the time for me to regret, I know all I can do is pray and lay it in the Lord's hands but for all of you that follow my blog please say a prayer for my grandfather. We have a large family with him having 5 brothers and 1 sister and 1 son, 4 daughters and 2 step-sons and all the wives, children and grandchildren that come along with that his life has a great impact on a lot of people. Please pray for my Papa. I know whatever is in the Lord's plan will come to pass but keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

I am so sorry to hear this...I will surely pray for your Papa.

The Clinkscales Family said...

I hope your grandfather is doing better now. I will say a prayer for him.