Saturday, February 20, 2010

34 years and more in love each day!

34 HAPPY years...This is the result of finding true love!
What is the measure of true love? Is it something you make or find or is it a blessing from God? Not everyone will find their true love or will they? Today’s world tells us so many things about love and what it is suppose to mean and how you are suppose to find it. Myself, as old fashion as it my seem to the world we live in today, I think it is something God blesses you with. It is something that is meant to last forever. I am fortunate to come from a family that has been blessed with parents that have made it against all odds. My parents have taught me many lessons about life but one of their biggest influences was not taught by purpose but by observation. They have possibly unknowingly taught me the true meaning of love and dedication of a lasting marriage and the importance of forever. I’m certain as with any marriage, my parents would be no exception it certainly must have had tough times but I have not seen these. I have always seen no less than true love and devotion. Through good times and bad they have taught me the importance of your spouse, in sticking together, supporting one another, encouraging each other, laughing and crying with each other, making time to spend together, all in all that forever is forever and it is what you make of it. No matter what stage of life you are in, that there will be periods of adjustment and these are times when you draw closer to God and one another. I am so proud to have learned these lessons that hopefully I will be able to apply to my own marriage and pass on to my own children. So here’s to one of the most important lessons I could have learned, that when God blesses you with a husband or wife that you live by His standards and love one another as Christ loved the church. Not giving your part of 50% as the world may tell you but giving 100% as God tells you. I am so thankful that God lead them to one another and that He knew their love would be one that would last forever. I have seen these verses on many Valentine’s blogs but I decided to save it to insert here for my parents anniversary. It was part of their wedding ceremony and so very appropriate to their marriage and lives.


Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always preservers. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Happy34th anniversary to my wonderful parents!

No comments: