Sunday, March 14, 2010

Just to keep you up to date.

Has it really been almost a month since I have updated our family blog? Some months I do so good about keeping things up to date and some months I am not sure where the time goes. Since our last entry we have been busy with all the little things of life that make our life so special to us. Some good and some bad but here is just some of what our month has held for us so far. ENJOY!
February ended with Brad and I attending a concert at Mingle wood Hall off Madison. Brad called me from work one day to tell me that he had won tickets on Kix106 to go see Randy Houser. Not listening to country music much anymore that I have found K-Love in my car I had no clue who Randy Houser was or what he sang, but what does one do when they win tickets on the radio? You go to the concert! Especially when someone mainly my husband wins something for the first time off the radio. We had a good night. It is always fun to have a date night just Brad and I. We even saw Jerry the King Lawler. Sorry back to those childhood memories of watching wrestling with daddy.



Brad, Caroline and I went to the dentist at the beginning of the month. This is the second time Caroline has visited the dentist. The first time was really just in hopes of letting her see the dentist is not a scary place to go. Unlike the first time, she actually let them clean her teeth. However, we haven’t decided it is a good idea yet to actually let the dentist see our teeth.

This is Caroline the morning after our visit to the dentist showing me how clean her teeth are …EVEN after sleeping all night.

Now is my moment to brag on Brad. God has really blessed me not only with a good husband but a wonderful dad. In order to have my 3 day work week so that I can have more time at home with my family, I end up with long 12 hour days. With that comes a few sacrifices, one being that I am unable to attend church with my family on Wednesdays. Have no fear Brad makes sure the kids get there every Wednesday night. This past Wednesday night was crazy hair night for the kids at church. Brad made sure to get a few pictures for me before they left. Thank you God for finding us a church we love to be involved in and for blessing me with a husband that knows how important you are and wants to raise our children knowing that.




Caroline getting over being sick and Carson doing whatever big sister does.  They made a pallet in the living room since they didn't feel good.  And Carson just wanted to be right beside Caroline sick as she was.
Being sick takes a lot of sleep to get better.  I was changing our sheets and this was Caroline waiting on me to get done.
Now yesterday, Caroline and I decided to have a mother daughter day. We had SO much fun just the two of us. I think it is very important to have those special days, to spend one on one time with each of your children to make each of them know just how special they are. Caroline has been a little under the weather for the past few weeks. Two Fridays ago Caroline’s preschool called to let me know that Caroline was sick and throwing up… a lot. A lot was an understatement. When we got home she was throwing up at least once an hour until early the next morning. Her and I spent most of the night being covered in throw up to jump in the bath get cleaned up and change clothes once again. By Sunday she was all better and so Monday was back to normal. By Wednesday when Brad and the kids returned from church she had a fever of 103 and it stayed that high until Thursday night. Two weeks in a row I decided we would go to the doctor to be sure it wasn’t more than we thought. Just a little virus thank goodness.

So Saturday, we decided to have a special day to celebrate feeling better. We had a day of shopping. I had to find a dress for Charity Ball next weekend so Caroline was my little dress zipper. She had so much fun picking out fancy dresses and deciding which I should try on next. Next it was on to let her pick out some shoes. We went just to return a pair that was the wrong size and left with 2 new pairs each for her and Carson. Then we went to Build A Bear. We have never been, but we had a gift card that Caroline received for her birthday (yes last September) so we decided we would make that our special treat for being so good all day. When we went in she looked around for a minute and Caroline turned and looked at me and said “…if I get just a little one can I get Carson one too with my birthday card?” Well of course. I was so proud of her for wanting to take care of her little brother and make sure he had one too that I told her that would be a really sweet thing to do and because she was so sweet to think of Carson I would buy them both clothes for their bears. Caroline had so much fun making her little bears. It was so fun to watch her excitement as she worked to make the perfect bears. After such a long day she fell asleep on the way home before she could give Carson his bear so this morning before church she was so excited to give Carson his bear she made just for him. These are the moments I cherish and am so glad our children were born close together. Their relationship grows closer each day.
Brad and the kids before church this morning.  I these times.

No comments: