Thursday, May 13, 2010

I love being called Mommy!

Just a few of the reasons I work the long hours I do...
It is because of the rewards God blesses me with when I get to stay home on my days off.  No matter if it is running errands or just playing outside all day, I love the time I have with my family.

I remember growing up and if someone was to ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up I would say a mommy.  Even in highschool I assumed my career would be a stay at home mom.  Life didn't lead where I expected it to.  I felt called to help others through the medical field.  And though many days I feel torn between the two I feel blessed to have the work schedule I do.  Don't get me wrong it would be a dream to be able to stay home full time with my children.  I am envious of those stay at home mothers, but I know that God has given me the best of both worlds.  I have to rest assured that God has me where he does for His purpose. I love having 4 days in a row off every week to be able to spend all day with my children.  Even though working 3 long days means that some of the time on that 4 day stretch is spent cleaning the house, bathing the dogs and running errands at least we get to spend the time TOGETHER.  Because no matter what the task is being together always makes it more fun and definately more exciting.

No comments: