Friday, January 1, 2010

Our First FIRST for 2010


They say whatever you do for New Year’s is suppose to set what you do for the whole year. Well if that’s the case things are looking pretty good for us.


I wrote a letter to my mother’s parents in Florida today, got my house really clean and spent some good laughs with Brad and Caroline and Carson as we sat in the floor and played. We saw family and friends. I even had time to give myself and Caroline a manicure and pedicure (which we haven’t done since summer) and update my blog while they dry. We started yesterday with another first, Caroline’s first time at the movies. So if this is any sign of what the new year has in store, I would say things couldn’t look better


New Year’s Eve Day Brad and I took Caroline to her 1st movie at the theater. We have been waiting because Caroline likes to be busy and we weren’t sure she would sit still. She did really well. Nonnee’ kept Carson so it could be a special day for just Caroline. I think all kids deserve their own special time when they can have mommy and daddy all to themselves. We went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. She was such a big girl. Gave them her ticket all by herself, carried her own popcorn, picked out her own seat (that she couldn’t keep down while she was sitting in) and even picked up on the ‘free refills’ on our popcorn and decided midway into the movie she needed to go get a refill. She even sat still through most of the movie. She really didn’t want to leave when it was over. She didn’t understand why she couldn’t just watch another movie when that was over. I’m with her. What about an all day movie pass??

No comments: