Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It was the night before Christmas...

It was the night before Christmas...

As long as I can remember we have ALWAYS spent Christmas eve with Momma's side of the family.  So even though I am now married this is still first on the priority list for Christmas events.  Even more so now that Brad and I have children of our own, holiday tradations seem to become even more important to my somewhat old fashioned values.  All the children, now adults and married with Patrick soon to be next October, we still manage to all make it there.  We don't get to hang out near as much as I wish we could so it is nice to know we always have Christmas to count on to get us all there.  We always go to Aunt Cathy's as we did this year.  This year Christian, Aubrey and Tucker were at David's for Christmas Eve so I was a little sad to not have them there.  Sad for myself and more so for Christi.  Now that I have children of my own I understand how hard it must be to not have your children with you EVERY day. Not just holidays because I am learning that everyday is a special day when your children are there. But despite their absense we have plenty of little ones to keep the excitement going. 
Caroline can put on the show all by herself but ths year she did really good about playing with everyone, especially Ady.  Caroline loves babies and was loving trying to be Ady's mommy.  Skip and Amanda got Caroline a baby stroller that Ady was just small enough to still fit in it so Amanda strapped her in and let Caroline push her around the house.  It was so cute and Ady was such a good sport.  Sat up and went along for the ride.  I think Ady is one of the happiest, prettiest babies I've ever seen.
We got Ady a pink glow worm because Caroline and Carson were so attached to theirs at that age and Carson still is.  It must be a mother's instinct because Christi got her a blue one too!  Perfect now she has a boy and a girl of her very own.
Chase and Lia got Caroline and Carson new glow doodles that we LOVE!!  I requested 2 from past experience and it's a good thing.  They traveled with us everywhere we went for Christmas and cut back the fighting for the same toy.  Plus they could still draw in the car when it was dark!  A very recommended gift!!!!
We got Maci a leap frog animal set.  I hope she likes it as much as Carson likes his.  Maci was walking all over the place and was so proud of herself.  She would walk and then stop and smile and clap for herself.  She is the happiest little baby.  And SO beautiful. Those big brown eyes and that dark brown hair.  It is funny how opposite she looks when you set her beside Caroline, Carson and Ady.





As I look through my pictures from Christmas Eve I see how special children make this wonderful season.  God has blessed each of our families so much throughout the years and now we can pass down those special traditions to our children

No comments: